Epic Games has said it’s investigating several Fortnite issues players are currently experiencing.
These include problems logging in and accessing social features following a recent update, which is detailed below.
Update: Epic says these issues have now been resolved.
Original story continues: “We are investigating issues impacting logins, chat, friends list and forming parties with friends,” a new post on the Fortnite Status Twitter account reads. “We’ll update you when we have resolved this issue.”
A number of issues were first acknowledged by Epic on Wednesday, when it said it has resolved a problem involving controller input delay in Creative. However, some users have reported experiencing controller issues in Battle Royale too.
Epic also tweeted to say players who received unintended error messages won’t have their accounts deleted.
Fortnite update v11.21 released this week and addressed the following known issues, according to Epic’s Fortnite Trello board:
- Show FPS option missing from settings in BR/Creative.
- Refund token count displaying incorrectly.
- Reports of controller input delay for certain actions. (Upon further investigation: this issue has been fully resolved in v11.21.)
- Map Marker rotation axis is offset when rotating with Phone tool.
- FPS drops and hitching on Mobile. (PLEASE READ UPDATE.)
Increase of low-detailed buildings on Nintendo Switch.
Epic Games recently confirmed it was extending Fortnite Season 2 Chapter 1 until February 2020.
The studio said it chose to lengthen the current season “to prepare for all the new holiday-themed updates” it has lined up.