Rockstar has announced at 14:00 that Red Dead Redemption 2 and Red Dead Redemption 2 and Red Dead Online are now available on PC.
Red Dead Redemption 2 for PC harnesses the full power of teams to bring every aspect of this massively detailed world to life, from the snowy, windy mountaintops of the Grizzlies to the dusty roads of Lemonyne; from the mud-spattered storefronts of Valentine to the cobblestone streets of Saint Denis. New graphical and technical improvements allow for greater immersion in the game and include increased draw distances for better movement; HDR support, global illumination and higher quality ambient occlusion, to improve light both day and night; stronger snow trails, enhanced reflections, and deeper, higher-resolution shadows at all distances; tessellated tree textures and improved grass and fur textures to increase the realism of plants and animals.
WHAT’S NEW ON PC
3 new bounty hunter missions:
- Herman Zizendorf is dedicated to stealing tools from merchants: try to locate him in Blackwater.
- Former Confederate cavalry officer Camille de Millemont is wanted dead or alive in the Catfish Jacksons area. His loyal men are never far away.
- Bart Cavanaugh and his gang are camped out in Big Valley. If you want to avoid a big mess, capture Bart dead or alive without alerting the gang to him.
2 new lair raids:
- Battle the deadly Del Lobo gang in new lairs at Gaptooth Breach and Solomon’s Folly.
New weapons for Story Mode, including:
- M1899 Pistol – A semi-automatic pistol with magazine ammunition.
- Repeating Evans – A high-capacity repeating weapon (previously only available in Red Dead Online).
- High Roller Revolver – An ornate double-action revolver (previously only available in Red Dead Online).
- LeMat Revolver – A powerful revolver that can fire shotgun shells (previously only available in Red Dead Online).
2 new treasure maps:
- Use the Milestones of Plenty and Elemental Path maps to search for gold bars and other rewards.
New horses for Story Mode, including:
- Ragged Brindle Arabian: A swift and agile mount.
- Peppered Appaloosa: as beautiful as it is resistant. Ideal for cross-country trips.
- Perlino Andalusian: A healthy and reliable horse ideal for hunting (previously only available in Red Dead Online).
- Red Sorrel Arabian – A nimble, wind-like beast with distinctive fur (previously only available in Red Dead Online).
- Plus 3 New Wild Horse Variations: Keep an eye out for Wild Herds, where you can find the Pale Elizabethan Kentucky Saddler, Russet Chestnut Morgan, and Golden Palomino Tennessee Walking Horse.