Sony Interactive Entertainment has launched an ‘End of Year Deals’ promotion on the PlayStation Store.
Available now in Europe and “rolling out shortly” in the Americas, the promotion features savings of up to 70% on selected titles until December 22 at 11.59pm PT/UK.
In Europe, the promotion currently offers discounts on 479 products, including:
- Death Stranding for £15.99
- Monster Hunter World for £11.99
- Uncharted: The Lost Legacy for £7.99
- Resident Evil 2 Deluxe Edition for £17.99
- Control for £14.99
The launch of the End of Year Deals promotion overlaps with the end of the PlayStation Store Black Friday 2020 sale, which features discounts on 100s of titles that expire today. They include:
- The Last of Us Part II for £31.34
- Ghost of Tsushima for £39.04
- PlayStation Plus 12-month subscription for £37.49
Publishing sources have told VGC that PlayStation 5 broke the record for the UK’s biggest ever console launch.
Launch sales for Sony’s console far exceeded the UK’s previous record holder, 2013’s PlayStation 4, which sold some 250,000 units in its first 48 hours.
It means PS5 significantly outperformed the launch of Xbox Series X/S in the UK. VGC previously reported that Microsoft’s next-gen consoles sold around 155,000 units on their first day.